Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

I'm back from Aruba (that's me drinking a Balashi beer in the airport on the way back home - note the sad face) and while it's always good to be home, boy do I miss it already.  I could seriously be a professional vacationer!   More to come on the beers I had while on vacation, but first...

Today is Christmas day, so if you celebrate - Merry Christmas!  I'll be spending the day with family and friends and here's what's on tap:

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA - bringing six pack to my Sisters' (it's her favorite)
Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale - bringing six pack to my Brothers'
Lagunitas Maximus - sneaked 1 bottle in the Holiday Ale sixer above as it's a nice big Double IPA

The last one is going to be a special brew from the beer fridge...I believe it will be one of the Firestone Walker 15's.  Big beers like that are meant to be shared, so why not today!?

I know my brothers will also have some big beers in store, so I'm looking forward to a pretty awesome evening.  What do you all plan to open up special for today (or this fine holiday season)?

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Is the vanilla stout still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout was bottled in 2010. There may be some bottles out there being held by collectors & such...but according to Goose Island the beer is currently in retirement. We can only hope they brew another batch and release it!

    ReplyDelete