Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012!

Today is the beginning of a new year!  In my every day life, I try not to dwell too much on the past as you never know what's coming next...good or bad, it will be new.  This philosophy also transfers seamlessly to my passion for beer.  I look forward to having beers I've seen but haven't tried, and more importantly discovering beers that haven't even been bottled yet, but will be in 2012!

In honor of 2011, I am going to list some of my favorite beers of this past year.  While these beers may have been bottled prior to 2011, I had them for the first time in 2011 (hopefully not the last).  These made the most impression over all of last year:

In alphabetical order by Brewery:
Avery Mephistopheles' Stout
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Firestone Walker Parabola - a barrel aged Imperial Stout
Firestone Walker 14 - a blended barrel aged masterpiece of 6 different beers
Firestone Walker 15 - a blended barrel aged masterpiece of 8 different beers
Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout 
Founders Devil Dancer - Triple IPA
Founders Double Trouble - Double IPA
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout
Goose Island Rare Bourbon County Brand Stout
Hoppin' Frog D.O.R.I.S. the Destroyer - Double Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout
Lagunitas Maxiums - Double IPA
Maine Beer Co Lunch - IPA
Maine Beer Co Zoe - Amber
Nectar Ales Black Xantus - a barrel aged Imperial Stout
Pretty Things EIP - East India Porter
Russian River Pliny the Elder - Double IPA
Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA
Troegs Perpetual IPA

I hope that 2011 brought you many things, but least of all a good beer.  Cheers and may your 2012 always have a full glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment