Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kev's Beer of the Week - The Crisp

Kev's Beer of the Week ending 6/9/12
 

Sixpoint The Crisp
Kev Rating: A-
Style: German Pilsener
ABV: 5.40%
IBUs: 42
Availability:  Year round offering
Had: part of a mix 4-pack of Sixpoint Cans purchased at Crossroads Beer & Wine in Burlington, MA
Region: Brooklyn, NY

I've been trying a bunch of the Sixpoint Brewery beers over the last month or so.  It all started with Resin and has continued from there.  Resin, a Double IPA, had been my favorite from their lineup until I had The Crisp.  I don't typically love Pilseners, but this one...was really good.
 
First sip was creamy and smooth.  I went, huh, this isn't "The Crisp", it's "The Cream", but then it jumped into a floral, hoppy, bready, and CRISP finish -- I was sold.  I will definitely be purchasing this one again, and at 5.40% I see myself bringing a 4 pack to a BBQ here and there this summer!
 
Even if you're like me and don't typically love Pilseners, this one is a must try for all beer lovers!  Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment